1.24.2014

Chick update

well not much change yet. But here is what all the message boards and forums tell me is happening. Once the chick pips (breaks through the shell initially) that's a lot of work, so the chick rests and absorbs some of the contents it has been floating in for nutrients and builds up energy for the rest of the process. On average the hatching process takes 12 to 24 hours. Rosie and Bob were still rocking and rolling this morning so hopefully all goes well. From my research, I can tell you where the phrase don't count your chickens before they hatch came from. The transition from embryo to chick is a very hard process and some don't make it out. and now to leave you laughing or groaning at me.... please understand I have a very warped sense of humor... but I have been saying "The barren woman can birth something!" lol

seriously, this has been very interesting to learn all about and I am simply amazed at what the incredible edible egg is capable of given the right conditions. Isn't it intriguing how in this little egg, there is all a chick needs to sustain it and grow it for 21+ days. even a chickie is fearfully and wonderfully made. Thanks God!

No comments: