1.15.2014

You just can't make this stuff up....
we got an emergency call for FOUR kids last night ages 2(b), 5(g), 6(b), 10(g)... I said NO, fun daddy said yes please please please. I said, I cannot even conceive of that and hung up on our social worker (Jimmie and I were talking to her on 2 phones) he continued to talk to her and eventually they both realized I meant no... I counted to three and said my piece.... Lord have mercy... lol

in other news, Jimmie was nearly car jacked last night on the way home from work. seriously, that is so weird to say. but pretty sure it's what almost happened. He stopped at the gas station in LaGrange, right off 71, the gas station across from the Rallies, beside Ponderosa. He went in and got pop and lottery tickets, came back out, as he was starting his work car (the Explorer) he noticed 4 young men in his rear view mirror. He was waiting for them to walk to the store before he started backing up. they didn't pass, the next thing he knew, the back door behind the passenger side opened and one of the guys started getting in, Jimmie looked at the guy and Jimmie said the guys eyes got real big, then the door behind Jimmie opened and survival instinct took over, Jimmie put the car in reverse, another guy appeared at Jimmie's door, trying to open Jimmie's door even... a man getting out of his pick up truck noticed what was going on and came over too. As Jimmie drove out of the parking lot, the man was chasing 3 of the guys on foot.... Jimmie went to Tractor Supply, shaking like a leaf, and texted me to get Oldham County Police's phone number. He didn't feel like it was a 911 emergency but he wanted the police to know....

I'm still a bundle of nerves about it.... I mean, you hear about this kind of stuff every day... that could have been a news story today... I'm thankful first and foremost that Jimmie got out of there safe and sound. I am also thankful that he didn't run over or injure the bad guys, even if they deserved it. scarey scarey... one other possible explantation is that they were innocently accidently getting in the wrong car... but unfortunately we live in a society where your first instinct is that this is a bad situation.... plus if it was innocent, why would they run?

Jimmie works with a couple of retired police officers, and I have talked to one of our deputies this morning and they all say he did the right thing and in the same situation would have acted as he did.

so anyway... there ya go... that's what is going on with us right this minute....

1 comment:

Mandalynn said...

That IS scary!! I am so thankful he got out of there safely!!

Your egg, Rosie, is something else!! I didn't realize they were so active in the egg!! :) Makes sense, though, I just didn't think about it before.

Awesome to see you blogging again!! :)