7.11.2012

I could do that...

I have been looking at a lot of DIY blogs lately and getting inspired all around the house too by the way but when I am reading those blogs, I think.....

I could do that. I am a DIYer wanna be... I mean I used to be crafty and still have spurts of craftiness in my "spare" time... so just so you know, whomever may be reading this... I am thinkin on leaning my little old blog right here toward DIY stuff. Of course, I could also dedicate it to the topic of foster/adopt parenting and the funny little life we lead... or it could just continue to be a place to vent, rant, dream, and share news... I miss our little blog circle and reading about the lives of others, particularly my sister and my cousin. However, I know life happens and we are all busy just living. That's great too!

So I do have a few things to share... Baby A has yet to make her exit from our home. and we are all getting way attached. She has really taken to calling me mommy and Jimmie daddy. and in an adoring, I love you kind of way. Just this morning, as I was carrying her down the steps, she hugged me tight and said mommy in just the sweetest way. When we got home last night, Jimmie was laying on the ground fixing his lawn mower and she ran to him and jumped on him and hugged him tight saying daddy daddy daddy! yep... it's getting increasingly more difficult to think about her leaving, but we know the day is right around the corner. Cali told me yesterday she didn't want baby A to leave. aww break my heart why don't you!

outdoors, Jimmie is in the middle of a project... well he's always in the middle of several projects but I pay attention when the project is going to benefit me! lol He has cleaned out a junk area that was close to the pool because it's the ideal place for an outdoor kitchen bar/grill area. Now that the junk is gone I can totally catch his vision there and I am very excited about it! I plan to totally "Tiki" up the decor in the back yard... we will have a lovely entertaining area back there... exciting! We continue to enjoy our little above ground pool. Matthew and Cali both are swimming so well and even Baby A has come to enjoy splashing around in the pool.

well... I guess that's sort of all I want to type right now... Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Mandalynn said...

Praying for you all and I know I say this a lot, but we are so proud of you & Jimmie and your outside-the-box life you've chosen!! Such a blessing to hang out with you all & be a part of it all, too!! And, so blessed to have you in one piece!! Just sayin ;)

Love you!!