2.18.2014

drive by post

Quick blog bloop….
Doesn’t that usually mean it will be a long post?? Lol I have spring fever and feel like making a quick posting about some things I have planned this spring. Is this turning into a gardening/chicken/diy/kid/husband blog, I don’t know. Stay tuned! I’m sort of all over the place these days but our recent chicken interest is leading us in a very peculiarly earthy, green, farming, kind of direction and I’m liking it. Not sure I would have predicted this turn a few years ago but here we are. I have stumbled on some very brilliant ideas to start seeds for gardening in 2 different ways and I am anxious to try both! The first is to start seeds in repurposed k-cups (Kuerig Coffee maker leftovers – which we just got one at work so there will be an endless supply!) and the second is to start seedlings in broken eggs shell halves! Sunflowers, marigolds, zinnias, tomatoes, etc. I am considering trying my hand at starting the plants! I am growing chickens, why not veggies. Here is a link to the blog-spiration for this upcoming project/experiment: http://www.fresh-eggs-daily.com/
Hatch-a-long update: we have 14 viable eggs in the incubator, today is day 16… 2 more days til lockdown and hatch watch! The last 4 sweeties began hatching on day 19 so lots of possible fluffy butts by the weekend. I will post pictures!

1 comment:

Mandalynn said...

I can totally relate to the "weirdish" turns we tend to take and find ourselves in... I've gone off the deep end and given up sugar (well, mostly... I still cheat, but am off enough to consider myself "sugar-free.") This road leads to many natural/earthy/organinc/healthy places I never thought I'd find myself, either! LOL I guess that's part of what makes us brain twins! :) Anyways, go, you!! :) I can't wait to hear some of your favorite ideas & stuff!! Do you have a pinterest board designated to this journey, yet?

And, regarding your previous post... I think we all process stuff differently. It's OK if you don't feel drawn to the cancer survivor walk or feel like rolling your eyes at purple shirts. LOL It's OK!! :) You're pretty awesome, and I AM SO THANKFUL you are a survivor, but don't feel weird for not being a part of their club LOL :) I totally know what you mean, too :)